Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For our client, an International Financial Services organization, we are searching for a Senior Finance Manager Insurance.
- De functie
This role supports and drives the financial & regulatory governance in the (EU) business and ensures adequate intra-group outsourcing oversight processes for the Dutch entities. These entities do business throughout the European Union.
The role reports into the Amsterdam based CFO and is part of a small group of Amsterdam based colleagues that work together with large shared service centres in the UK and the US. Besides legal entity driven responsibilities the role will also be engaged in regional commercial activities (business partnering for regional heads and sales).
Key Responsibilities / objectives:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting (UK GAAP, Dutch GAAP, Solvency 2) for the Dutch entities, either by direct involvement or by guiding colleagues in shared service centers.
- Provide Dutch (and EU) financial and regulatory (Solvency 2) knowledge and/or act as liaison to external Dutch specialists including regulators, auditors and tax authorities, for shared service center colleagues.
- Establish, develop and enforce and adequate internal administrative organization and system of internal control.
- Challenge Actuarial and Underwriting functions and ensure alignment of these functions with Finance & Tax.
- Support asset management activity and investment guidelines.
- Proactively participate in continuous process improvements.
- Lead the Budget & Control cycle from a location and regional perspective.
- Support the ORSA process.
- De functie-eisen
- The role works together with European and US shared service teams daily and requires fluent English. Other desirable languages are Italian, French, Spanish and German.
- The role needs to accomplish a wide variety of objectives but is part of a larger organization with competing priorities. This requires cultural versatility and adequate stakeholder management.
- Can combine a top down view with ability to understand detail and achieve short-term goals and long-term objectives in parallel.
- Inquisitive and challenging to drive business performance.
- Very hands-on in initial phase and moving to oversight as the role progresses.
- Experienced in Solvency 2. Has implemented or reported in more than one organization (either in business or in Big 4).
- Familiar with Non-Life and Life & Health. Actuarial knowledge is desirable.
- Experienced in the use of MS Office products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Has track record of delivery and career development within insurance businesses.
- Relevant accountancy qualification. HBO/WO level.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience.
- Will consider candidates that do not speak Dutch fluently but have a matching skillset.