Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For our client with their European headquarters based in Amsterdam, we are searching for an Internal Auditor within their European Audit team.
- De functie
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the internal auditing of the organizations in Europe (50 entities), including the Netherlands and South Africa. The audit team exists of 3 fte including the new to be hired internal auditor. Therefor the scope of the internal auditor will be very broad. Ingrated audits (operational, financial/ j-sox, it), special investigations and assignements. The majority of your time you will spent on performing operational audits. Intrinsic motivation to learn all aspects of internal audit in an international environment should be your motivation to apply to this position. The manager will support you and empowers his staff. You set up your own auditplanning, align with the manager and execute.
Your main Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, (internal) control, and governance processes in order to align with clients Corporate Objectives
- Develop and stimulate “Internal Control Awareness” within each local business in Europe with the aim of adding value and improving operations
- Develop relationships and contacts throughout the organization, including European subsidiaries management and operations staff, the external auditor and the Corporation Internal Audit Department.
- To determine risks and increase audit execution efficiency, further development of data analytics will be part of your job.
- Support continuous development of standard approach and documentation for the internal audit department, tailored to the different business units within the organization and in line with developments in regulations and audit practices
- De functie-eisen
- You hold a university degree in Finance or Accounting or Controlling
- You preferably (almost) finished a post-academic qualification in auditing like RA, RO, CIA, CA, or CPA
- You’re used to work on a level of (senior) associate within a Big 4 audit organisation
- Ability to define, plan and work according to priorities and deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Self-dependent and proactive working style
- You are organization sensitive and can act as business partner to local management
- You have intrinsic motivation to learn and perform all aspects of internal audit and have a loyal attitude.
- Internationally minded and able to operate in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English required), Other languages desirable (Dutch, French or German), ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (mainly within Europe)